quarta-feira, 18 de junho de 2014

Carinho aos veteranos...


Fantástico o comportamento da Air France com o veterano americano, conduzido para a primeira classe. Deus permita que eu veja Tam, Gol, e outras, fazendo a mesma coisa com nossos veteranos em 2015, para os 70 anos das grandes vitórias da FEB na Itália.


Dear Air France,

My name is Donald R. Burgett, I am a WWII veteran and author of 4 books (Currahee, Road to Arnhem, Seven Roads to Hell and Beyond the Rhine) written on my experiences as a 101st Airborne paratrooper during the war. I was the first enlisted man to write and publish on the Airborne and have the only book that President Eisenhower endorsed. While in France, I received the Orde National De La Legion D'Honneur. 

My daughter and I flew Air France to Normandy, France to attend the 70th anniversary of D-Day and to accept the Legion D'Honneur Medal at a ceremony with two other WWII 101st veterans, Dan McBride and Bob Noody, in Angoville-au-Plain, France. 

Our flight #377 departed for France, June 1st, 2014 from DTW. Our flight #378 returned to the U.S., June 8th, 2014. I would like to express how well we were received by both flight crews. It was very moving to experience the appreciation and adoration shown by all of the crew members. Air France raised us to first class passengers which was very much appreciated as it made the long flight much more comfortable. 

The extra care and attention by the crew was above and beyond. 

Thank you Air France,
Donald R. Burgett

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário